True or False: No bank or insurance companies with hire people with BK's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True or False: No bank or insurance companies with hire people with BK's

My friend told me not to bother applying for jobs with any bank or insurance like institutions because of my BK. I am computer programmer so I wouldn't be "handling" money. But is this general true? They think you are not be trusted with "money stuff" - no matter what it is - if you have a BK on your record. If so, I can see the bank - but why an insurance company?

With the recession, I know companies can be as choosey as they want right now and with my computer experience many years in the past because of the recession I am picky about what I apply for because honestly many positions would be a waste of my time to apply for because I would NEVER get a call for them.

So, should I just not even waste my time right now apply for any positions with banks/insurance companies? Or is that wrong advice?

ps. my friend used to be a programmer at an insurance company and now is a project manager (IT) at a bank! (haha - ironic)
    "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
    http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
    1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

I was freaked out when going through the background for the financial institution I work for. I was even worried about giving my two weeks notice at my then-current employer.

I finally decided to just ask the recruiter, "Hey, I've had some credit issues in the past but have improved on them since then...Is this going to be a concern?"

They responded by telling me, "In this economy it's expected, as long as it's not something criminal or alarming then you will be okay."

At that time I was about 18 months past discharge and I got in.

This was for a management position without direct money handling.

Again your results may vary but I consider myself lucky as now it's been over a year and a half and no issues. I even got the corporate card without incident so I know they've seen it.

Good luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X